Where is the A7III?

Started Nov 6, 2017 | Discussions thread
blue_skies
blue_skies Forum Pro • Posts: 11,868
Re: Where is the A7III?

funtimes wrote:

Anyone hear anything regarding if/when Sony will release an A7m3?

Not until A9 and A7rIII sales flatline... give it another 6 to 9 months, max?

If the A7iii gets a similar treatment as has the A7rIII received wrt/ the A9, then we can expect a major upgrade from the A7ii.

It will likely keep the current EVF (not a big deal imho), and won't receive the dual SDcard slots, but it will get the continuous eye-AF, faster AF, and a next generation sensor - I am thinking a similar treatment to the current sensor as the A6500 has, ie. not the BSI sensor from the A9.

Feature-wise, this will be a big step forward, sensor-wise, it will be a modest step forward, and I think this is where Sony wants to keep its 'entry-level' A7 model. Price may stay at the $1700 level.

It also hints, imho, that the current A7ii is under-rated.

I would like to see the A9 BSI sensor in the A7iii. I don't know if this will drive up the pricing (too much), but it would elevate Sony's entire A7 line of cameras, and I think that this is a good strategic thing to do.

Chime in if you agree, perhaps Sony is listening here - they did so wrt/ to the A7rIII.

-- hide signature --

Cheers,
Henry

blue_skies's gear list:blue_skies's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony a6000 Sony a5100 Sony a7 II Sony a7R II +37 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow