Where is the A7III?

Started Nov 6, 2017 | Discussions thread
sportyaccordy Forum Pro • Posts: 15,356
Re: Where is the A7III?

lakkot wrote:

so we, the everyday (not so rich) users are left in the dirt.

Let's face it - Sony doesn't want you or me to be their customers, we are too poor.

-- hide signature --

lichotaphoto.com
seeinberlin.com

This is such a laughable attitude. Your gear list indicates about US$3000 worth of camera gear. That is not "everyday", nor is it indicative of poverty. There are people who live on less money in one YEAR than you have spent on your camera gear. Not to mention you have not 1, but 2 cameras, of completely different systems/brands. That's atypical, even for the already atypical hobby photographer.

And then there is the issue of "attention" from Sony. In the last 4 years, Sony has released 9 FF bodies. They currently have the cheapest FF body on the market and have indicated no plans of discontinuing it. Over the same period of time, Nikon has released 8- 1 of which was a scramble fix for the D600; Canon has released 5- 4 of which were over $3K new. Sony also launched a new lens lineup from scratch, and has developed a pretty solid lineup of affordable lenses within it. Plus Sony incorporated the ability to adapt and optically stabilize non-Sony lenses. So I'm really at a loss as to how Sony "doesn't want you or me to be their customers", or how someone with $3K in camera gear can call himself "poor". Let's get real

-- hide signature --

Sometimes I take pictures with my gear- https://www.flickr.com/photos/41601371@N00/

sportyaccordy's gear list:sportyaccordy's gear list
NEX-5T Sony a7R II Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EF 24-85mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG Macro HSM II +6 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow