P600 or P800? Been agonizing back and forth on which to choose..

Started Oct 24, 2017 | Discussions thread
David Pavlich
David Pavlich Senior Member • Posts: 3,743
Re: Ordered the P800, should be here today

The weight isn't much different from Canon's Pro 100 which surprised me.  You won't have any problem getting the thing onto a stand.  Search really well.  Epson has an abundance of that blue tape and it's everywhere.

One thing to mention and you may have seen a thread or two about it.  When printing 17" sheet paper, it tends to shift when it's pulled into the machine.  It's one of two complaints that I have about the machine.

My "cure" for the shift is to place a block of sticky notes on the vertical paper support right against the paper.  Here's a picture of the fix.  Note the massive amount of engineering that went into this:

You do have to remove the back sheet from the sticky notes to expose the sticky.  I also put my thumbnail against the other side just in case.  Once it's in and starts to print, it's fine.  It's the way the the rolls are set up.  Canon's idea of centering the paper is another cue that Epson should look at.

David

-- hide signature --

A computer once beat me at chess, but was no match for me at kick boxing.
Viewbug: https://www.viewbug.com/member/David_Pavlich

David Pavlich's gear list:David Pavlich's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 70-200mm F2.8L IS II USM Canon EF 16-35mm F4L IS USM Tamron SP 35mm F1.8 Di VC USD +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow