Would anyone choose an X-E2S over the X-E3?

Started Nov 2, 2017 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Sine_Nomine Forum Member • Posts: 53
Would anyone choose an X-E2S over the X-E3?

I'm having an approach-avoidance conflict with the X-E3.  In some ways it was what I was waiting for, and in other ways, not.  Doing a side-by-side comparison, there's the obvious difference of the sensor (16-24) and a few less drastic changes.  Here's the thing- I don't tend to chase the highest pixel density, and touch-screen I could take or leave.  In other words, I'm not after the latest features just because they're the latest features.- as we have all seen, newer isn't always better (but quite often it is.)  For example, I don't like the fact that the X-E3 body is plastic (except top & bottom.)  Plastic can crack/warp.  I believe the X-E2S is all metal, and *I think* made in Japan (perhaps an X-E2S owner can confirm.)  Not a knock on "Made in China" but as an engineer, I think that older more established manufacturing facilities (Fujifilm's Japan facilities) would have more mature QC, whereas the newer Chinese facilities may be dealing with growing pains and higher volume on the lower end of the product line.  I, and probably you, have read about a few bad QC issues with the X-E3.  Whether or not the X-E2S is made in Japan, it's an established model that has been manufactured for quite a while.

On top of this, mainstream price of the X-E2S is $300 less than  the X-E3.  So having said all of that, would anyone choose an X-E2S over the X-E3?  Current X-E2S owners would have to consider a different value proposition, already owning the previous model.  But if you could imagine not owning either (as is my case) and making a decision, I would appreciate you experience, as well as what you have to say about the X-E2S.  Thanks for your wisdom.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Fujifilm X-E2S
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow