Received my K1 and is up and running, and...

Started 9 months ago | Questions thread
Alex Sarbu Veteran Member • Posts: 8,862
Re: embrace the new/different stuff

MaKeR wrote:

Alex Sarbu wrote:

MaKeR wrote:

Russell Evans wrote:

My second favorite feature is the Sensor Composition. With this I don't need to carry a 4 pound geared head on my tripod. I can make the small adjustments a geared head allows for perfect framing with just my normal ball head and the Sensor Composition in the camera

I use Composition Adjust all the time in my macro photography. It's one reason I wouldn't want the KP - it doesn't have it.

Who told you that?

Check page 80 from the KP's manual, it's described there:

http://www.ricoh-imaging.co.jp/english/support/man-pdf/kP.pdf

Alex

Right you are, Alex. Sorry for writing misinformation. I don't know where I got that.

I do note, however, that the amount of linear sensor movement possible in the KP is 2/3 of that which is available in the K5 series, namely 1 mm as opposed to 1.5 mm. The step size remains the same, 1/16 mm, since the number of steps is 16 versus 24. This is probably due to the improved Shake Reduction in the KP - which of course is a worthwhile trade-off.

That's a good observation (and it's less - 0.5mm - when you're also using rotation). I could not find the values for the K-70.

Thank-you for pointing this out.

You're welcome.

Alex

Alex Sarbu's gear list:Alex Sarbu's gear list
Pentax K-5 IIs Pentax K-1 Pentax smc DA 21mm F3.2 AL Limited Pentax smc DA 70mm F2.4 AL Limited Pentax smc DA 35mm F2.8 Macro Limited +6 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow