How do you photograph landscape when out shooting wildlife?

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
Sharik0192 Regular Member • Posts: 231
Re: How do you photograph landscape when out shooting wildlife?

an_also wrote:

Right now if i'm out shooting wildlife, I have my 80D + 400 mm lens and in my pocket i have a sony rx100 iii for taking pics of any landscape opportunities that may occur. I tried carrying two dslr's (one for wildlife, one for landscape) but I just can't be bothered with lugging around two interchangeable bodies. I find having a high quality pocket camera does the trick.

What do you guys do? Do you stick strictly to wildlife only or do you folks also stop and take landscape/nature shots with a second body?

My solution is almost exactly the same as yours: 7DII+100-400II for wildlife and distant scenery, RX100 (the original one for 5 years, but recently died and was replaced with model 4) for anything requiring wider view, in a pocket. Works fine so far. I also tried carrying the second DSLR but did not like it. I found RX100 to be quite adequate unless very high resolution or huge prints are required. I usually travel on foot and also carry a backpack with non-photographic stuff, so a photo-backpack is not even considered. Here are a few recent shots taken with RX100 in "birding" walks (from home to work).

Sharik0192's gear list:Sharik0192's gear list
Sony RX100 IV Pentax K-01 Pentax K-3 Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon MP-E 65mm f/2.5 1-5x Macro +13 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow