Canon 6D MKII or 5D MK IV - Decision made.

Started Oct 24, 2017 | Discussions thread
Sharik0192 Regular Member • Posts: 232
Re: Bad customer service.

Jeff Peterman wrote:

Yesterday morning, the site did not show an exclusion on the discount for the 5D IV, and the rep I spoke to confirmed it would apply and that I should call once I received the camera.

The item I ordered said that the camera would come with a "Miniature EOS 5D Mark IV 24-70 Kit" - which is a pretty worthless tiny plastic model of the camera - and a 32 GB SD card.

Today, now I have the camera, the two reps I spoke to say that the discount does not apply to my 5D and I cannot get 15% back. I also found that the SD card was not included and the rep said that they ran out and it was "while supplies last."

So, I'm not happy with Canon.

Sorry to hear about the problems. I suggest to write them a letter that explains your position and requests that they acknowledge the initially advertised deal. The letter should be constructive and polite, but firm, and most importantly well documented (with screenshots etc. as necessary). Good luck with defending your case

Sharik0192's gear list:Sharik0192's gear list
Sony RX100 IV Pentax K-01 Pentax K-3 Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon MP-E 65mm f/2.5 1-5x Macro +13 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
irm
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow