DXO PhotoLab vs Capture One Pro?

Started Oct 26, 2017 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
(unknown member) Regular Member • Posts: 275
DXO PhotoLab vs Capture One Pro?

That is the question.

Have tried both Capture One and DXO Optics and have always favored Capture One's more natural overall output. DXO seemed to always render a dreamy, surreal feel to my photographs.

Now having sampled DXO PhotoLab and compared them side by side what appears to me to be the more stunning proofing at first glance is DXO PhotoLab.

Please give me your opinions, because with the introductory offer of £119 up until September 30th I am ready to pull the trigger and nab it at that price.

My apprehension is this, once I submit to this new software that'll be it, I will work exclusively within it for the foreseeable future.

Yet companies when advertising the majority of Photography jobs available I notice almost always require knowledge and experience of working with Capture One.

What are your opinions or preferences over the 2. Yes I have a 30 day trial of DXO, but I don't want to miss out on the sale offer, so I only have 4 days to make a decision…

-- hide signature --

Actual Reality > Virtual Reality
- I admire The Creator's creation, not so much (hu)man-made disposables.
That's probably why I am more interested in decent end-result Photography over the technology that was used to produce it.
DSLR > 'Mirrorless'
- Mirrorless? You mean Optical Viewfinder-less. An EVF is like having a VR headset on instead of using your own eyes to view what is.
For those with eyes…
Actual Reality > Virtual Reality

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Lan
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow