Polarizing Filters

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
mfinley Senior Member • Posts: 1,031
Re: Polarizing Filters

Hike Pics wrote:

I've been working with using a PL filter for the last couple of days : https://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/60289064

I made the bad choice of buying one a little on the cost-cutting side. Now I have to find a better one. Cokin, Tiffen, B&W, Hoya......vintage Vivitar?

You won't go wrong with a B&W XS-Pro HTC nano except for the squeel of the money flying out of your wallet for them. Quality is a major consideration, but also light transmission, a polarizer cuts a lot of light, sometimes making the difference in lower light whether you get the shot or not, those B&Ws in that series let the most light through than any other brand. Polarizers are so known for cutting light transmission that quick thinking photographers have been know to use one as a make shift neutral density filter in a pinch for shooting waterfalls and such.

mfinley's gear list:mfinley's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M10 II Olympus 7-14mm F2.8 Pro Olympus M.Zuiko 300mm F4 IS Pro Olympus 12-100mm F4.0
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow