Canon 6D MKII or 5D MK IV - Decision made.

Started Oct 24, 2017 | Discussions thread
Noogy
Noogy Senior Member • Posts: 2,460
Re: Canon 6D MKII or 5D MK IV - Decision made.

Jeff Peterman wrote:

After a lot of thought and discussions here (thanks every one), with today being a significant birthday and having received confirmation that the bonus I was waiting for is on its way, I went ahead and ordered a refurbished 5D MK IV from Canon this morning.

There is "only" a $700 difference between the two - and I know that I'd be disappointed with the focus point spread and lack of high ISO improvements on the new 6D compared to my MK1 (which is was also bought refurbished). So, it was either buy the 5D or wait a year and see what comes out - making the decision easy.

I made a deal with my wife that I would sell one of my old bodies: 10D, 40D, 7D (original), SL1, and 6D (original). I will certainly keep the SL1 for travel, I use the 40D for time lapse with an AC cord and remote, so that leaves the 10D (not worth much at all), 7D, or 6D. But that's to think about after my new toy, I meant tool, arrives!

Congratulations! Very good choice!

The 5DMIV has helped made me a better photographer simply because I do not have to focus and recompose anymore, as I had been habitually doing with the 6D. Now I can be very creative yet confident I can nail the focus, among other things.

Keep your wide lenses, they will be very useful when you do 4k video due to the cropping

-- hide signature --

"Photography is therapeutic."
http://www.pbase.com/joshcruzphotos

Noogy's gear list:Noogy's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EOS R Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 70-200mm F4L IS USM Canon EF 24-70mm F2.8L II USM +11 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
irm
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow