D750 - Picture live preview? (compared to mirrorless)

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
mattjp1 Forum Member • Posts: 78
D750 - Picture live preview? (compared to mirrorless)

Hi everyone,

Hmm... this may sound like a silly question to some of you, but anyway.

I just got my D750 and learning its features, handling etc...

Not sure how to explain but I used to have a mirrorless Olympus EM-10, where I could see "live" all exposure changes, on my LCD screen.

Let's say I opened the lens aperture more/increased the shutter speed/ISO, I could see the preview/image getting brighter on my screen before I take the shot. Which was pretty useful.

So far, I was not able to find the same feature on the D750 but I also read that this is one of the differences between mirrorless and DSLRs.

Example - For the only couple times I could play with my new camera yet: I applied settings I thought were right for the situation, looked through the viewfinder, it looked well exposed and was thinking "great, I got the settings quite right at first try!". Then took the shot and in fact the result was much darker. So I had to give a few tries/change the settings, before I managed to capture a properly exposed picture.

Not that it is such a big deal (but certainly will require some adaptation) but I am wondering how do you guys deal with it or is there any option/feature I missed?

Thanks

matt

mattjp1's gear list:mattjp1's gear list
Nikon D750 Tamron SP 35mm F1.8 Di VC USD
Nikon D750
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow