P600 or P800? Been agonizing back and forth on which to choose..

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Backdoctor
Backdoctor Forum Pro • Posts: 13,931
P600 or P800? Been agonizing back and forth on which to choose..

With my R3000 having the dreaded black ink blobs and a repair price of $475 it seems time to get a new printer.

I have had a LOT of good input. The P800 is $350 more after rebates but with the much larger ink cartridges it would even out in price after two refills of the P600.

The issue, I don't print THAT many photos. I plan to do more printing of my wildlife and sports shots. Also some family stuff. I don't know when I'd print 17" wide...  I do a fair amount of document printing on an Epson NX420 , but I'm constantly changing those inks. Would it be stupid to print documents on the P800 as the ink is so much less and cartridges so much bigger? Can it print documents or is it made for photo paper.

If I could use it to print more of what I do then it might make sense... I have to pull the trigger before I lose the rebates on Oct. 31st.

-- hide signature --

Harris
PBase/DPReview/NTF supporter
Egret Stalker #4, WSSA #29
www.pbase.com/backdoctor

Nikon Coolpix P600
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow