Best Pentax for Wildlife and Landscape?

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Ziffster Junior Member • Posts: 31
Best Pentax for Wildlife and Landscape?

I am tired of having to constantly fear the rain and having to protect the camera from even light drizzle and the brand which seems the most tolerant is Pentex unless willing to pay a bundle.

Based on the reviews, with Pentax each model seems to have unique strengths and weaknesses, making choosing the right model more complicated than simply deciding how much one wants to pay like the case with Nikon.

But that opens the question, for Wildlife (including birds) what would be the best suited APS-C frame?

As for Lens was thinking about the 50 to 300 as my main lens.  With Nikon would have likely gone with the new Tamron 18 to 400, but alas it isn't available on the K mount.

Also do some low light shots (dusk) of landscapes and the like. Is their a reasonably priced weatherized lens with reasonable low light performance?

If I was willing to break the bank I likely would have gone with the Nikon D7500, but as on a budget the Pentax just seemed to offer so much more bang for the buck and only affordable weather resistant solution.

Nikon D7500
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow