Canon Rebate

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
mml4 Forum Member • Posts: 65
Canon Rebate

I received my rebate Amex Card today and would like to thank the Forum members who cautioned me in my "Pulled The Trigger" thread with regard to the rebate. If I had applied for it using my original paper work I would have been denied. The vendor who is an authorized Canon dealer (a rebate requirement) sent an invoice that did not list the individual prices but just the total cost of my lens and printer. That is not acceptable to Canon. I had to call the vendor and have them send me an itemized bill showing the individual prices of each item. They sent it by Email within 5 minutes of my call so it was no big deal. The issue is that once you get denied it is a giant pain to get paid.

You also need to cut through the box to remove the proof of purchase so it is attached to the section of cardboard box beneath. No cardboard backing no rebate!

I think it pays to call the rebate phone # before applying to review all your paper work before sending it in .

Marc

mml4's gear list:mml4's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM Canon EF 16-35mm F4L IS USM Canon EF 100-400mm F4.5-5.6L IS II
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow