RX10 IV Memory recall

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
AlwynS Contributing Member • Posts: 688
RX10 IV Memory recall

I have a small number (three actually...) photographic setups that account for likely >95% of my photographs. No surprise therefore that I had set up custom configurations on my Pany FZ1000 and now also on my RX10 IV. The standard setups are:

*  For photographing perched birds. FWIW, for this the main settings that I use are a small focus area (flexible , medium burst mode and ISO 200. Obviously I could (and I do!) tweak these settings should circumstances dictate.

*  For BIF. The main changes from the above settings is that I use the wide focus area and ISO 400 (to bump up the shutter speed).

*  General landscape and street stuff. The principal difference between this and the above is that I use single shot (not burst mode) and ISO 100.

So far so good: no problem. The FZ1000 was nice in that it had a dial with which you could select C1 and C2: dead simple. Only two settings though so I just used P for the last option. This worked fine for me.

Enter my brand spanking new Sony! The RX10 has the advantage that you can customise more things and you also have more memory slots.

BUT

As far as I have been able to figure out (hey, bear with me: I have only had the camera for 3 days!) the only way to select a specific custom setting is to have the dial set to MR (Memory recall) and go into the menu to select the specific memory location (1,2,3, M1....etc) you want. This is not TOO bad seeing as, when you press the menu button, the last used menu option pops up, so I am immediately at the "choose the memory location" screen. Click sideways and enter and done.

But ideally what I would have liked is to have three custom buttons configured to recall each one of the three saved setups. But I have not been able to figure out how to do this. Actually, I am at the point of accepting that it CANNOT be done!

So I am turning to "call a friend"  So: has anybody ever had a similar requirement and figured out how to do it?

TIA

Alwyn

AlwynS's gear list:AlwynS's gear list
Panasonic FZ1000 Nikon Coolpix P610 Sony RX10 IV +1 more
ANSWER:
Panasonic FZ1000 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Sony RX10 IV
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow