Is it worth getting XT1?

Started Oct 23, 2017 | Discussions thread
zakaria
OP zakaria Veteran Member • Posts: 4,132
Re: Hell yes...

Ben Herrmann wrote:

There are so many variables involved with transitioning to the X-T1 - and all of them, IMO, are very positive. I have a variety of 16 MP models - the X-E1, X-M1, X-E2, and X-T1. This X-T1 should not be looked upon as an "old" sensor, and the reviews bear out the fact that it is a superb camera.

The weak spot in that setup you mentioned is the 18-135 which has received less than stellar reviews (for the most part). It is not exactly a very sharp lens - the 18-55 is much better. I borrowed this lens from a local camera where I've done business for over 25 years, and I was not impressed with the clarity of it - plus it's a huge lens for the genre (and looks as such on the X-T1). But hey, if the setup you mentioned is a great deal, let your inclinations take hold.

For the moment, if you find this kit a great deal, don't hesitate and forget about the 24 MP end of things (that's always in the future) for now This X-T1 will have you smiling, unless, of course, the buyer sold you a defective one, which I hope isn't the case.

As an aside - to make my point here with regards to the term "old" when used to describe cameras just a few years removed from "current," I'm still, to this date, periodically using the 14 year old Olympus E-1 - which is a 5 MP model - yet the IQ that camera can capture is so stellar (given those old fabulous Kodak sensors) that to me, it's not an outdated model at all. For example, look at this 5 MP image below captured by the E-1 and Leica Vario 14-150 f3.5-5.6 OIS lens (equivalent to a 28-300 MM in 35 MM reach). This 5 MP image looks like it could have been captured by a much, much higher MP camera than the E-1 (click on the "original size" link under the image to bring up a larger, sharper version). So the X-T1 will work wonders for you for years to come.

Olympus E-1 (5 MP) with the Panasonic-Leica Vari0o 14-150 f3.5-5.6 OIS. Scene - North Carolina Zoo in Ashboro, NC.

Thanks so much for your value time and infos.

I think I should wait and see what fujifilm will bring.

-- hide signature --

pentaxian .

zakaria's gear list:zakaria's gear list
Nikon D500 Pentax K-1 II
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow