Is microadjust and sending lens to CPS for calibration perform the same purpose?

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Joseph Chuan Regular Member • Posts: 410
Is microadjust and sending lens to CPS for calibration perform the same purpose?

Hello everybody,

I am currently shooting with the 5Diii and 85L, 135L and 70-200L.  I have been shooting with Canon for the past 10 years starting from the original 5D and have never had to send in for calibration or played with the microfocus adjustment.  However, I recently started shooting with the Sony A7R2 and I do notice the pictures in portraits being sharper, but the colors are not quite what I am getting from Canon.  Part could be the AA filter or lack of, but would sending to CPS or using the microadjust help potentially?  Before the Sony, I was happy with the sharpness, but now when I shoot side-by-side, I feel it is not quite the same, but for the sizes I shoot, it doesn't really matter--only when I magnify.

I'm starting to realize that sharpness is not everything!

Thanks in advance for your input.

Joe

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS 5D Mark III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow