1st play with Reikan Autofocal and the 6D MkII

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
The Aussie Viking
The Aussie Viking Senior Member • Posts: 1,239
1st play with Reikan Autofocal and the 6D MkII

Hi all,

Now that the program is updated to suit the latest body, I MA'd the new body. Then I was able to make some sort of comparison to the original 6D.

MA, yes there was some variation between the bodies in relation to the settings. I don't know if the DPAF is the reason, but my most disobedient lens that needed +13 MA now is only +7, and most are within 3 of perfect. Which is good.

Aperture sharpness - Finding the "sweet spot"

My 2 main lenses seem to be able to shoot wider open before loss of sharpness kicks in.  The 2 shorter ones the wife uses most)

I'm hanging out for more 6D MkII owners to do testing so the database function has enough data to help. Below shows how it helps you judge how your lens is performing (6D)

The green is better than average, Blue average range, red is worst than average.

And now the 6D MkII (No comparison data available yet)

The drop-off wide open is quite large.

The fully auto function has improved, pretty much point at the target and forget. For those who haven't seen what Autofocal can do to get the most out of your lens you are possibly missing out on getting the best out of your gear. I am not paid in any way to endorse it, but if your lens is within about 3 the difference isn't huge. But the worst I have struck needed +17, and was way soft. My worst is +13 on the cheapie 50mm F1.8 II.

-- hide signature --
 The Aussie Viking's gear list:The Aussie Viking's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon 6D Mark II Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II +27 more
Canon 6D Mark II Canon EOS 6D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow