Having a hard time with panning action shots Em10 MkII

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
nick779 Junior Member • Posts: 44
Having a hard time with panning action shots Em10 MkII

So this weekend I went to a local autocross race just hoping to practice a bit with action shots/motion shots. It was pretty bright so I had no trouble really picking my shutter speed.

I tested from 1/80 to about 1/125 but simply ran out of time to go higher. Focal length was between 80-125mm equiv. In body Stabilization was on (All directions)

Out of around 300 shots, the pics in this album are what was usable, but still looks somewhat fuzzy with a partial crop to me.

https://flic.kr/s/aHsm9L4NGQ

With the brightness and shutter speed I was using I was usually at f14+, so I should have had a huge depth of field, but I think that possibly I was focusing with the car coming somewhat towards me and it was driving out of the focused DOF.

My thoughts are that next time I need horizontal stabilization needs turned off, and I need to toy around with Manual focus or C-AF on low burst, possibly slightly higher shutter speeds.

Thoughts/Tips?

nick779's gear list:nick779's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M10 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 II ASPH Mega OIS Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 EZ +2 more
Olympus OM-D E-M10
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow