Banding with adapted lenses?

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
darg Regular Member • Posts: 290
Banding with adapted lenses?

I had my first outing with a new-to-me set of Olympus Pen FT lenses. The 38 f1.8 and a 25 f2.8, both in perfect conditions. When I came back this evening I went over the ORF files and in most of them I found kind like a banding in the sky colors. It seems that the 25 is more affected by it than the 38 but both have it in the raw file. I exported some of them to jpg and the banding went away but it makes me wonder. I always thought that banding is more an issue with modern, software corrected lenses but with old analog lenses, too?! The cam is used it on is the EM10 II. I could not test it with my older EP3 so not sure if it the cam  or the lens.

Since the jpg's don't show it it doesn't make sense to upload them here and dpr isn't taking ORFs to show it.

-- hide signature --

When in doubt, C4
KJ6EPH

darg's gear list:darg's gear list
Canon PowerShot A80 Olympus E-500 Olympus PEN E-P3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Olympus OM-D E-M10 II +11 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Olympus OM-D E-M10 II Olympus PEN E-P3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow