Godox AD360II-C - Turning Out to be a Major Headache

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
herein2017 New Member • Posts: 1
Godox AD360II-C - Turning Out to be a Major Headache

Is anyone else having problems with their Godox flash system? I have the V850II's which work flawlessly, the XPLOR 600 which also works great, and the AD360II-C which is turning into a bigger and bigger reliability headache.

I use a Canon 5D iv for the camera body and either the X1 or R2 for my Godox trigger. I have only had the AD360II for approximately 30 days, and I seem to have more problems with it the longer I have it.

Below are the problems I have observed so far, starting with the most severe:

1) The flash will simply stop responding. I can still trigger it using the test button on the transmitter, but when I use the camera and press the shutter button the flash will not fire. I have tried switching transmitters when it is in this state but a new transmitter does not fix the issue. The only thing that seems to fix it is to turn it off, unplug the battery pack, and hold the on/off button on the flash for a few seconds.  This does not always work, sometimes I have to do it a few times, other times I have to give up and use a different flash. Eventually it will start working again. Changing channels, cycling through modes, changing groups, etc, nothing else will fix it.

2) Today the transmitter (X1) made my 5D iv go nuts. The camera was in manual mode I was not touching any of the buttons and suddenly the shutter speed kept jumping between 1/200 and 1/400, I have never seen my camera do that. The fix was to turn off the transmitter.

3) If you are too close to the flash it will not fire. The problem is "too close" seems to be some random distance that you only discover the hard way after pressing the shutter button.

4) I cannot update the firmware using Windows 10.  Th e latest firmware updater states that it is compatible with Windows 10 but it cannot find the flash when it is connected.

Canon EOS 5D Mark IV
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow