rx10m4 tips to conserve battery

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Leo360 Senior Member • Posts: 1,139
rx10m4 tips to conserve battery

This rx10m4 is my first mirrorless and my first Sony.

To say that I am overwhelmed and confused is to say nothing at all For a long time Nikon DSLR shooter like me, many things with this camera are very different. For example, switching on/off is not instantaneous. Thus, I would like to keep the camera on while waiting for the right moment. But it seems to keep screen or viewfinder running constantly draining the battery.

Here I have a couple of questions to the esteemed experts community:

1. How can I, on demand, switch screen/EVF on and off to save the battery?
  2. Can I configure the camera in such a way that in shooting mode only EVF is active while in playback and MENU mode only the screen?

I managed to switch the camera in EVF only mode. Navigating MENUs over EVF is a pain! So far I discovered three modes: Auto (using sensor to choose evf or screen); screen for everything; and f evf for everything. How can I have EVF for shooting while screen for MENU and preview? Am I missing something?

Thanks,

-- hide signature --

Leo

P.S. I am reading the "Help" guide. It is almost 600 pages but has no index.

Leo360's gear list:Leo360's gear list
Nikon D5100 Nikon D750 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G
Sony RX10 IV
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow