Capture One Pro ... I'll need every day of my 30-day trial!

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Graham Meale
Graham Meale Senior Member • Posts: 2,104
Capture One Pro ... I'll need every day of my 30-day trial!

I've been using Photoshop since the mists of time, but I'd really like to escape from Adobe's clutches, especially since they've been forcing us into the cloud.

So I downloaded a Capture One Pro trial. Sheesh! All I wanted to do was open a raw file, process it like I do in Camera Raw and Photoshop, and save it as a TIFF in another directory with a new name! But I was confronted with libraries, catalog(ue)s, sessions, albums, smart albums, recipes, templates ... all things foreign to me.

After several hours working late into the night trying to come to grips with it, my head began to spin, so I gave up for the day. Fresh today I've taken several deep breaths and I'm going to try again, after looking at as many online tutorials as I can find.

There will be plenty of people reading this, including many who have come from Lightroom, who will probably be laughing by now, at my expense. I've got thick skin. Perhaps months from now I'll look back and laugh too. But for now, I'd rather do a university degree in higher level mathematics than try to figure all this out.

Now that you've stopped laughing, perhaps someone can answer a question for me. Does Capture One Pro support layers? I haven't found it in any menus. A good deal of the processing I do in Photoshop involves use of layers, and I'd like to keep doing so.

-- hide signature --

www.grahammeale.info

Graham Meale's gear list:Graham Meale's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM +7 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow