C1 ... just wow

Started Oct 21, 2017 | Discussions thread
IanYorke Senior Member • Posts: 2,561
Re: My feedback (continued)

cna wrote:

- C1 lacks some LR integrations features ; f.e. in LR when you want to edit a photo through an external application/plug-in (from time to time I use Nik) , you can request that edit takes place directly on the existing file (for TIFF files); in C1, every time you edit you photo through an external editor, it creates another copy (at least, that is current my perception)

- In LR, when you create a file copy for editing through an external app, LR can automatically add a suffix to the newly created file; this feature does not seem to exist in C1 ; you have to manually modify the file name

The "edit with" command functions like LR. A tif or jpg, depending on what you want, is created and sent to the editor you have chosen. After editing you save the file in the external editor and the edited tif or jpg that was originally created is over written with the edited version.

If you want to further edit the tif/jpg that you created in the same application or a different one, then use the "open with" command. This command sends the file directly to the editing program.

So maybe you edited a raw file in C1, sent the C1 adjusted file to Affinity Photo using the "edit with" command in order for example to perform a sky replacement . Saving the file in AP would then save the tif/jpg with the new sky alongside the original raw file in the catalogue.

Now maybe you want to produce a black & white. C1 is a good B&W editor with a superb grain tool, but you want to use one of your Topaz presets. This time you use the "open with" command to send the tif/jpg to Topaz. After you have finished in Topaz you just save the file and the original file is over written.

Hopefully, you can see that the "open with" command can also be used to send the raw file for processing in a different converter.

For example, if you want to take advantage of DXO's excellent lens correction or high iso noise reduction you can use "open with" to send the raw to DXO and save back the processed dng for further editing in C1Pro.

Hope that helps.

Ian

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
cna
cna
cna
cna
cna
cna
cna
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow