FZ330 - a deep stack experiment, tripod, Post Focus, Helicon Filter

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Mikedigi Forum Pro • Posts: 10,572
FZ330 - a deep stack experiment, tripod, Post Focus, Helicon Filter

Reduced to 2000px high for ease of loading and viewing "original size"

This is a stacked pic (reduced to 2000px high) that I have just done with Post Focus with FZ330 on tripod.

The figures are 30mm to 60mm tall, the group is 1.5m (5') deep and the nearest part-figure is 150mm (6") from the lens.

I stepped through the frames of the MP4 in MPC-HC and counted about 90.

Selecting frames to save via the FZ330 EVF, I could only select from the 49 green rectangles which is not very good. The green rectangles stop some way short of the sides and the far and near end. The Post Focus seems to stop short of the far end too (blurred figures), I would leave a margin there another time. I selected and saved as JPGs 19 frames.

With my limitation of being unable to select precise focus points in the EVF or on the Touch Screen (I'll look at this issue again in the various demo videos on the Net), and without better software to select the frames and save them, I cannot complain about this result.

I might have done better without Post Focus, manually selecting and shooting about 15 focus points using a small focus area rectangle or the pinpoint facility. I would have got closer to the far end. But of course that would have to be on tripod, whereas Post Focus can be handheld.

The result is OOC, other than stacking in Helicon Filter, no other PP this time. I used Sunlight White Balance  with the low energy bulb lighting and the colours are about right for the baked clay and glaze.

Comments and advice welcome!

Mike

Mikedigi's gear list:Mikedigi's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F20 Zoom Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ50 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS7 Panasonic FZ1000 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ300
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow