ZS6, I hope I didn't screw up!

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
GeraldW Veteran Member • Posts: 7,750
ZS6, I hope I didn't screw up!

I ran across a used ZS6 today for $50.  I couldn't resist, so I bought it along with a spare BCG10PP battery.

So, why did I buy it?  Well, first, it was cheap.  Second it covers an adequate 25-300 mm, equivalent at f/3.3-4.9.  I have two other "travel zooms", a Canon ELPH 330HS, and an SX260HS; and both are f/6.8 at full zoom.

f/6.8 is pretty slow and limits the use of the maximum focal length to good light.  Monday evening we were at a nice old restaurant on the banks of the Ohio River, and shots of some great looking old homes on the opposite bank just didn't work because of the fading light and the small aperture at full zoom (240 mm equivalent) on the ELPH 330HS.

If you're not familiar with the ZS6, it's the same as the ZS7; but without the GPS.  It's also got adjustments for parameters like sharpening, contrast, saturation and NR which the previous and also later generations lacked.  Panasonic finally put those adjustments back with the ZS60.

If the camera works out well, I'll buy the Panasonic A65B external charger so I don't have the long wait for in-camera USB charging.  The A65B charges the battery in about 90 minutes.  The supplied USB charger takes about 4 hours and you lose use of the camera.

Comments welcomed.

-- hide signature --

Jerry

GeraldW's gear list:GeraldW's gear list
Canon PowerShot S90 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS7 Canon PowerShot ELPH 330 HS Canon PowerShot SX260 HS Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 +2 more
Casio Exilim EX-ZS6 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS60 (Lumix DMC-TZ80) Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS7 (Lumix DMC-TZ10)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow