4K Lightning Sequence - good, bad and questions.

Started 1 month ago | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Jonathan Gladstone Regular Member • Posts: 422
4K Lightning Sequence - good, bad and questions.

Hi.
FINALLY there was a decent enough lightning storm above the Perth area that I live.
In addition to various time elapse shots, I took a couple of 4k videos and boy does it highlight the good and the bad of it (recording in 4K)

The sequence is 14 shots comprising about .43 of a second actual time (according to each time-stamp)
Even though I had ISO in photo-mode set to 800, the video component went to 3200 - Eh?  Is there a setting that kicks in automatically? 
Obviously the shutter was at 1/30second but the F-stop went from a set f8 (photo mode) to f3.5 in video.  Once again... EH!?  What do I need to do to change this?

Kit lens used (12-60 @ 12mm)

I reckon that with the faster sensor read-out of the OMD EM1 Mk2 that the rolling shutter would have been avoided... but I think that the light paint? buildup (I don't remember the Olympus name) would have been fantastic.  (as found in the Em1 Mk1, Mk2, EM10 series (2 and 3 only?))  M5 mk2, EP5 (onwards?)
So... an actual question - what would be some good settings for the Panasonic G85 to be used for 4K Lightning footage... or would that setting be "Get a GH5? "  (which is probably the actual answer.)
Anyways.. on to the boring pictures.

Jonathan Gladstone's gear list:Jonathan Gladstone's gear list
Canon PowerShot A520 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G3 Panasonic G85 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-200mm F4-5.6 OIS Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS +3 more
Comment & critique:
Please provide me constructive critique and criticism.
Olympus E-M1 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Olympus PEN E-P5 Panasonic G85 Panasonic GH5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow