Curious what computer specs I'd need for video compression or recolorizing log files

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
bananasushi Forum Member • Posts: 50
Curious what computer specs I'd need for video compression or recolorizing log files

I don't really want to spend time perfecting everything in post processing but things I might like to do are

splicing or joining, compressing my 4K video to HEVC, and recoloring s-log or v-log file if I decide to shoot in that.

I'm not sure which programs to use, free or not and I don't know what kind of power I would need to do those tasks.

Right now my computer is 6 years old. I have a dual core 3.2 ghz processor with 6 gigs of memory and a newer video card that can handle 4K video playback but I just found out it can't handle 60fps.

For my next computer I might buy next year, I will probably go with the latest i7 processor. Probably something with 4-8 cores. And I was looking at getting about 12GB or ram and a stronger video card. But that was the bare minimum I was thinking of getting before I thought I'd do any video processing. Now I don't know it that is enough.

But in terms of just putting raw video files from my camera's SD card onto my computer, that is just a file, I'm sure my current computer could still handle it and play it back.

I was planning on doing some 60p filming, so I'd need a better video card for sure for that. Maybe something that can even handle 120 fps since the GH5 can shoot in 120fps for slow mo.

Panasonic GH5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow