Time for an upgrade but can only choose one. Body or Lens?

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Shawn G14 New Member • Posts: 2
Time for an upgrade but can only choose one. Body or Lens?

Hello. About a year ago I bought a sony a6000, purley for some video and traveling and then photography has suddenly made a big impact on my life. Atm I would consider myself a beginner/hobbyist  but with serious intentions on professional work ( im grateful as ive already managed to pick up a few clients). Anyway its been a year I think its time for an upgrade. Ive been researching for months but I just cant seem to pick one to prioritize.

So i have the sony a6000 camera body, the sigma 30mm 1.4, and the 50mm 1.8. Currently the type of photography that im most interested in its portrait, outdoor/landscape.

Ive been thinking that its time to get my first real zoom lens so I was looking at the 16-35mm gm as my a6000 is crop so i could still get a somewhat wider angle at a 24mm crop which is what i really want for my outdoor/landscape shots. and I could use the 30mm1.4/50mm1.8 for portraits.

But then I was thinking that maybe thats just overkill and I would be better off buying the a7rii and start finally working ff. But after doing some looking I saw that appling my 30mm 1.4 to the a7rii would result in heavy vignetting and I was very put off by it.

I plan on owning both (hopefully by the end of the year), but I can decided which! please help me make the best decision

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Sony a6000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow