Thank You For This Forum

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Sue Hart Forum Member • Posts: 55
Thank You For This Forum

For a little over a year now I've been trying to settle on a compact camera that can fit easily in a pack without adding too much weight. I looked at most of the 1 inch sensor point and shoots and just couldn't get excited enough about them to make the investment.

I hadn't considered the Nikon 1 because of all the negative remarks --- such as sensor too small and it's a dead line. But then when looking for something small that would do well with birds in flight (particularly hummingbirds), mention of Nikon 1's kept coming up. Since I am delighted with my Coolpix A which was also oft maligned and is discontinued, I decided to look into the Nikon 1 series. That's where this forum and articles by Thomas Stirr have been so helpful.

After reading several threads in this forum, I feel hopeful that I may have found a system that will truly be compact, and maybe can even ease the disappointment of the canceled DL18-50. (I'm very excited to about the 6.7-13mm lens.) The two things I have been seeking were a compact wide angle option and a lightweight zoom option suitable for birds.

Cheers!

Sue Hart's gear list:Sue Hart's gear list
Nikon Coolpix A Olympus Tough TG-4 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX90V Nikon 1 V2 Nikon D3300 +8 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow