ACR fails in PS CC 2018 + LR CC

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Curious1 New Member • Posts: 4
ACR fails in PS CC 2018 + LR CC

I updated from PS CC 2017 to PS CC 2018 2 days ago.

I loaded a RAW file (no problem in PS CC 2017) from my E-M1.2 today and PS CC 2018 would edit (and save as DNG) from PS ACR but when I clicked "open" the program would freeze. Same problem in LR CC, and LR CC Classic. To "end" the program, I need to force the program to stop using the Task Manager (true for all 3 programs).

I can load and edit JPGs into PS CC 2018, LR CC, and LR CC classic.

This seems to be specific to opening an image via ACR.

I am able to use the ACR filter option, open ACR then edit and return to mail window - then freezes again (so can't use the ACR filter access successfully).

I am using WIndows 10 Pro vers 1703.

I closed (stopped) my anti-virus and separately Malwarebytes - but this did not help.

I downloaded ACR 10.0 from Adobe and installed (no errors reported). No benefit, still need to use Task Manager to END PS CC 2018 (frozen).

I prefer not to un-install and then re-install PS CC 2018, LR CC, LR CC Classic if I can avoid doing so.

I can't access Adobe support except during the weekdays. I don't believe that I can revert to the PS CC 2017 - so have no direct solution at this time.

Any suggestion for a solution would be appreciated.

Steve

Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow