Battery drain with D850?

Started Oct 21, 2017 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
gnagel Veteran Member • Posts: 7,580
Battery drain with D850?

So, I received my D850 a couple of days ago along with the included EN-EL15a battery.

Before turning on the camera, I made sure to charge the battery fully. Then, I placed it in the camera and started working my way through the settings. I had the camera on for a couple of hours...mostly experimenting with some shots, adjusting the settings, etc. I only took about 40 images--but the LCD was on for much of that time. To my surprise, the battery had only about 10% of its power remaining.

I charged the battery fully again. The next morning, I spent some time calibrating a number of my lenses using the Auto AF Fine Tuning feature. After about an hour of doing this, I noticed that my battery took another pretty big hit and needed to be recharged again.

This morning, I started with a 100% charge and then turned Live View on for about 2 minutes. The percentage dropped to 96% that quickly!

I'm getting a little concerned that perhaps my D850 is draining the battery too quickly. Or, maybe it's the battery itself? Or, maybe the battery needs to charge for a few cycles before its life improves?

I have Airplane Mode turned on so that the camera won't be looking for any wireless connections.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

Glenn

Nikon D850
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow