A tripod question:

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
keiththom Senior Member • Posts: 1,022
A tripod question:

OK - don't laugh.

I've got this 40 year old tripod that I use. (pictured below) I want to buy a nice one. The screw on the top of the old antique tripod screws directly into the bottom of the camera, which is obviously a PITA to use. But here's the question: Would a modern head like the BH-55 attach to this old tripod? If it did, I could get a nice head and save my pennies for a few months for a top of the line set of legs later. It's hard coming up with the cash to buy both at the same time. Perhaps another way to ask it is - Is the bolt hole in the bottom of the BH-55, the same size bolt as the bolt that fits into the bottom of the camera?

This old tripod ain't much, but "at least it's paid for." The handle broke off years ago and I glued a stick on it, which works fine.

I've slung it over my shoulder all over the country, up mountains and swimming in swamps. But all "good" things must come to an end. LOL

keiththom's gear list:keiththom's gear list
Nikon D810 Nikon D500 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 12-24mm f/4G ED-IF Nikon AF-S DX Micro-Nikkor 85mm f/3.5G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED +5 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow