Coming back to APS-c. Need to use LA-EA.

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
rsf3127 Regular Member • Posts: 211
Coming back to APS-c. Need to use LA-EA.

I have been using Sony cameras since A700.

My last camera was an A7, which I have just sold for three reasons:

1. It had a high shutter count and some buttons where already failing intermittently.

2. I was sick of taking it and its big lenses in my backpack when I hike (and a do a lot of it)

3. I could not refuse to sell it and all my FF lenses for the price one guy offered.

I have just bought a barely used A6000 (which is coming through the mail - snail speed mail) but I have seen the test shots here in DPreview showing a green tint in the lifted shadows that got me worried. I downloaded the RAW files and opened it through C1 and LR. The tint is horrible.

Then I opened it in DXO9, and it was vanished.

Question: if I have to process lifted shadows through DXO and then do local adjustments in other software that I like best, it will be a PITA. Do you have another workaround?

I could resell this A6000 and go for a A6300 or A6500 as these cameras are not plagued by the green tint problem. But There are some caveats:

1. Price.

2. Upgrade to newer version of LR/C1 AND DXO if a6500. Only DXO needs upgrading if a6300.

3. I do not need 4K.

4. Do you believe that the IBIS have been a huge benefit for stills usage? Whenever I shoot a long exposure, I usually use a tripod...I do reckon that it is a must have for video shooters.

5. Have you tested a6300/a6500 with LA-EA1&2? Do they have much better AF with these adapters than a6000?

Thank you in advance for your feedback.

rsf3127's gear list:rsf3127's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A700 Sony a6000 Tamron SP AF 180mm F/3.5 Di LD (IF) Macro Sony DT 35mm F1.8 SAM Tamron SP 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di VC USD +9 more
Sony a6000 Sony a6300 Sony a6500 Sony Alpha a7 Sony Alpha DSLR-A700
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow