Lightroom + Photoshop or Capture One Pro?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
lb77 Regular Member • Posts: 125
Lightroom + Photoshop or Capture One Pro?

I use lightroom 6 standalone for processing all my photos from raw files. Now Adobe is forcing users the use the CC version and I'm thinking of alternatives before some day i commit myself to a monthly fee with photoshop included. I tried briefly Capture One a few weeks ago but to really understand it i would need much more time and commitment.I have a ton of LR presets I invested in, some of which I truly love and I've got very proficient with the LR workflow.

Two questions i have:

If you shoot landscapes, do you use Photoshop? What do you use photoshop for? What features does it have that are not on LR and you couldn't do without?

It seemed to me that Capture One is superior in the colour editing area compared to Lightroom. However, isn't LR+PS superior to Capture One Pro? And both softwares are actually cheaper than Capture One Pro

thank you

lb77's gear list:lb77's gear list
Ricoh GR II Nikon D810 Nikon AF Nikkor 105mm f/2D DC Tokina AT-X Pro 100mm f/2.8 Macro Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.4G +4 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow