Fujifilm X-PRO2 has the most perfect interface for classic photography

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
All forumsForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat
Miki Nemeth
Miki Nemeth Senior Member • Posts: 1,443
Fujifilm X-PRO2 has the most perfect interface for classic photography

I am in my 5th year in finding the (near) perfect camera system for me. For a super-power (and expensive) camera I've found one this year. But, for super-fun, I am still on the road to find my camera, but I am quite close: it might be the Fujifilm X-PRO2.

Here is a crop from  Higehiro Nittouiji's photo on Flickr. I cannot imagine a most intuitive classic interface: aperture ring on the lens, shutter speed dial on the body along with ISO and exposure compensation dials. Pure elegance, no clunky PASM.

Please have a look at the original photo here    https://www.flickr.com/photos/higehiro/33799025273

Since I am a fan of Instax film, too -- especially now that possibly the square format of Instax printer is announced -- the X-PRO2 combined with direct printing on Instax printers would be an excellent camera for relaxed fun/social photography that combines state-of-the art digital technology with tactile analogue experience.

My teacher gave me his X-PRO2 for a day, recently, and I found it is absolutely a joy to use.

On my expensive super-power system I use TS17mm, 25mm and 85mm. For the X-PRO2 I'm going for lenses with different focal lengths: 18mm (EQ 27) or 27mm (EQ 40.5), 60mm macro (I have no macro lens).

-- hide signature --

Thank you for taking the time reading. I use DPReview as my photography/videography blog. If you like it, click Like, or leave some comments.
Have fun on http://www.flickr.com/photos/99398503@N07/sets

Miki Nemeth's gear list:Miki Nemeth's gear list
Sony a5100 Sony a9 Canon TS-E 17mm f/4L Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS Sony FE PZ 28-135mm F4 G OSS +8 more
Fujifilm X-Pro2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow