My Sony A7II and two weeks old 16-35mm F/2.8 GM fell into the sea

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
RichardLarssen
RichardLarssen Senior Member • Posts: 1,092
My Sony A7II and two weeks old 16-35mm F/2.8 GM fell into the sea

Here are some shots i got to take with it before disaster happened

On wednesday evening i went was finally going to test my two weeks old 16-35mm F/2.8 GM on long exposure seascapes.

I strolled out to the coast and mounted the Camera on my expensive carbon tripod, turned it on and composed the shot. I then took two steps away to find my new Kase filters in the bag. Doing so i felt a gust of wind from behind and as i turned disaster was a fact.
The tripod tilted forward and went down in the deep 
And there was nothing i could do about it. I just stood there in schock for 20 seconds and then packed my bag and went home telling my fiance. She just thought i was joking in the start.
The next morning i called the insurance company and then fiilled out the insurance form with reciepts for the gear, telling excactly what happend. The insurance company told me it would take some time.
Yesterday, 25 hours after i got a mail from the insurance company telling me that money was on its way to my bank account. That is really fast!
I had insured my gear but i have forgotten to increase the sum when i bought the GM so some of my money was lost. I got back around 2/3 of what my gear would cost to buy again.

I have now ordered a brand new A7II, 16-35mm F/2.8 GM and a Sirui Stativ W-2204 + K-20X waterproof carbon tripod. I got a really good price for it at Norways best camera store, Stavanger foto. I hope i will get it next week.

We are going to try to dive to maybe save the tripod but bad weather have made it impossible until now.

Remember to Insure your gear folks!

Cheers

-- hide signature --

Photography for me is not about recreating what i saw through
the viewfinder but to show people the way i want to see the world
Cheers!
Richard Larssen http://www.flickr.com/photos/uberdogleg/
-------------------

RichardLarssen's gear list:RichardLarssen's gear list
Sony Alpha a7 II Sony a6300 Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Samyang 12mm F2 NCS CS Sony Vario-Tessar T* FE 16-35mm F4 ZA OSS +1 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow