New Sony RX100 MK V Owner with Questions to Ask

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Sgt_Strider Senior Member • Posts: 2,275
New Sony RX100 MK V Owner with Questions to Ask

So I got the RX100 MK V not that long ago. It's a very nice looking camera, but is it just me or that the camera menus ain't user friendly?

I prefer to turn on the grid lines to help with composition. However, I find the black colour grid lines to be virtually impossible to use at night. I just can't seem the black lines when it's placed over a black background. Any suggestions on how to get around this? I wish Sony went with white grid lines.

In regards to the AF modes, which option will allow me to manually pick the focus point? I think the default is wide and I don't understand what the various green boxes mean. Sometimes they become big green boxes and just focus all over the place. Sometimes they're tiny green boxes. Even then, I have no idea how the camera is determining where to focus in the wide option.

Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow