Considering a TZ100

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
GSB1
GSB1 Regular Member • Posts: 211
Considering a TZ100

I've bought a Sony RX10M4 as an upgrade to my Panasonic FZ330 and am now considering selling the FZ330 to fund an upgrade to my compact travel zoom.

My current compact is a Panasonic TZ20. Small, generous zoom (24mm-384mm) and small enough to conveniently carry in hand. The camera I take on holiday and trips where I don't want the bulk of the bridge camera but want greater flexibility than limited to shots I could achieve with my phone.

If honest, what the TZ20 lacks most for me is wifi. On that point alone, numerous newer generation models to chose from. However now I am using a 1" sensor in my new bridge camera, I was thinking a 1" sensor compact would be nice. That said I am not prepared to sacrifice much on the zoom range, as that's what makes a compact travel zoom appealing to me. I'll be honest, if I could sacrifice zoom, I would be looking at a Sony RX100 V or VI (due soon I think).

So a 1" sensor compact with a decent zoom (and wifi), brings me to the Panasonic TZ100, with little competition from what I can see.

What are the experiences from people that have got the TZ100 please, given my rough requirements above - a good fit in your view or  any compromises to be aware of?

Again for these requirements is there a alternate model (any make) you suggest I consider?

I am not particularly in a rush for the replacement compact, so I may well see what Panasonic announce in January for the 2018 TZs, but your views on the TZ100 would be appreciated.

GSB1's gear list:GSB1's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS10 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ300 Sony RX10 IV DxO Optics Pro Elite Samsung Galaxy S7 edge +2 more
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS10 (Lumix DMC-TZ20 / Lumix DMC-TZ22) Panasonic ZS100 Sony RX10 IV Sony RX100 V
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow