New P900 on the Way

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Karen Casebeer
Karen Casebeer Regular Member • Posts: 318
New P900 on the Way

First, let me say, what a friendly, helpful forum this is!

I typically shoot with a Canon 80D and either a 24-105L or 70-300L lens.  Heavier than that, and I can’t handhold and I detest using a tripod.  I love landscape photography and those combinations work well for that.  But wildlife and bird photography are my favorites and my 300 often doesn’t have the reach I want.

This week I’m trying the Sony RX10 m4.  I love the convenience of a point and shoot, but the 600 mm still wasn’t long enough in some situations.  Good camera, though.

So I’ve ordered the P900 and it will be here Tuesday.  In the meantime, what advice do you have for me regarding it’s use.  Settings to start out with would be helpful.  Anything I need to watch out for?  Any accessories that would be helpful?  What bag do you use?  Any books on this camera that would be helpful?

Thanks so much.  Reading about your enthusiasm for this camera makes me even more excited for it to arrive.

Karen Casebeer's gear list:Karen Casebeer's gear list
Canon EOS 80D
Canon EOS 80D Nikon Coolpix P900 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow