Like many have said before, I want a LR replacement.....

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
col4bin
col4bin Contributing Member • Posts: 720
Like many have said before, I want a LR replacement.....

I am a hobbyist, shoot fuji and use a mac.  with that said...

I have C1P which I got on a great deal several years ago and I have kept up with the upgrades.  The clumsy DAM feature and intimidating learning curve has kept me from completely switching.

I had really hoped the On1 RAW would be my go to but even as I play with the 2018 beta I still have several issues.  For example, when adjusting highlights, my image flickers between total pinkish color and the actual image.  I have lost faith in On1 that they will every get it right. Don't get me wrong, I hope they do...but I am done waiting.

Luminar I also got at a great price and it is fun to use.  Many people comment about some of the amateurish features.  Who cares.  Feature(s) one won't use don't render a tool unfit. I am hoping the DAM feature comes soon.  Their pricing has been good.

LR Classic CC...enough has been said.  As a fuji shooter, the lack of improvement in rendering tells me they are not interested in fuji shooters.  That's fine.  I have used Iridient X Transformer which makes LR great again for fuji shooters.  Problem is, as many have said, the writing appears to be on the wall that classic will become a thing of the past.

I bought Affinity since it is so cheap and can replace PS when the time comes that I no longer have access to PS.

Photoninja was my favorite but that appears to have been abandoned and I will not pay just to get camera support.  I don't believe that they are working on a new version...I have heard that for years with the same excuses that it takes a long time.  No big deal, really.  One less thing to consider.

I have tried other tools in trial modes but none really strike a chord with me.

Adobe is making this all too complicated with multiple plans, pricing and tools. I am not going to sit here and complain...I prefer to do that with my wallet.

-- hide signature --

col4bin's gear list:col4bin's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS Fujifilm XF 23mm F2 R WR
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow