Blocking Other Photographer When Photograph Landscape

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Salah Regular Member • Posts: 243
Blocking Other Photographer When Photograph Landscape

Greetings,

Two days ago I was in Wanaka, New Zealand to photograph the famous Wanaka Tree. The first day more than 10 photographers were there beside each other. We all were prepared on the beach to have the photo trying not blocking each other. We did our best and each one of us was happy.

In the next day, I went to the same spot to photograph the tree again in case the sky has more clouds and nice binky color. So when I arrived there, I noticed 2 guys setting 2 or 3 meters away from the beach with 24-70mm lens trying to photograph the tree.

I asked them if they can move forward to the beach so we can help each other without blocking the view. These guys told me they are here first and I need to move away! I asked them again if you can handle it in such way to have a happy day. They advised me to sit beside them. I replied that I have a 35mm lens and cannot take a good photo from their spot. So both of us didn't agree on a solution.

As a result, I moved forward to the beach and sit my tripod there and blocked their view. To be honest I felt uncomfortable because I screwed them.

How do you handle such situations?

Best regards,
Salah

Salah's gear list:Salah's gear list
Sony Alpha a7R II Leica Summilux-M 35mm f/1.4 ASPH Sony FE 35mm F1.4 Zeiss Batis 18mm F2.8
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
tko
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow