First and Last Canon Printer EVER -Terrible Customer support

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
User0023845795
User0023845795 Junior Member • Posts: 29
Re: First and Last Canon Printer EVER -Terrible Customer support

Hoo boy.  So I contacted Canon via their chat just out of curiosity, and I'm ending up filing a complaint with the AG's office!  Over $30 worth of ink.  (Yes, not worth my time, I know.  But I really don't like it when big companies treat their customers poorly.)

And I would say they were definitely rude, and borderline hostile.

At first I just asked, is there any way the free paper could be shipped *later* if it comes back in stock? "Jasmine's" answer was:

If the gift should become available, it will not be shipped at a later date.

Okay, then.  That sounds like their final answer.

Then I asked "So why does it still say 'Get FREE (in caps) Paper" if Canon knows it's out of stock?"

Jasmine immediately showed me the text of the popup message that nobody would even know was there, as if she gets this complaint a dozen times a day:

"Thank you for your patience. The promotion is valid through October 31 and while supplies last, as the promotional below shows:    (NOTE: It's not in bold in the popup message.)

Receive a FREE Pro Photo Paper Variety Pack when you spend $30 or more on Professional Ink - Offer valid October 16, 2017 12:00 a.m. through October 31, 2017 11:59 p.m. ET. Offer valid in only, and void where prohibited, taxed or restricted. The Pro Photo Paper Variety Pack includes the following, 1 Pack of LU-101 13X19 50 Sheets, 2 Packs of SG-201_13x19 50 Sheets and 2 Packs of PRO Paper Sampler Package.Availability of certain items may be limited. Limit of ten of any one item per order, subject to availability.Order will be shipped to a street address in the 50 or the only. Dealers, distributors and other resellers are not eligible for this offer. Offer excludes PFI Pro Series Inks and Maintenance Cartridges. Offer subject to Terms of Sale."

I told jasmine yes, I saw that, but nobody looks at that popup window.  Her answer?

"It is available to view at all times."

No jasmine, it's NOT. Someone has to guess it's there and click on it, because there's nothing that shows there's anything clickable.

I also told her that if Canon **knows** the paper is out of stock, it shouldn't display the FREE (in caps) offer on the ink's page. That it's like putting up a sign in a window that says "Sale", and when people come in for the sale item, telling them "it's out of stock, but you can buy this one instead."

She "thanked" me for my feedback, and asked if there was anything ELSE she could help me with.

At this point I was a bit miffed at the curt treatment I received over what feels just like a bait & switch, so I told her no, there isn't anything ELSE, because she hasn't helped me with ANYTHING.

User0023845795's gear list:User0023845795's gear list
Canon PowerShot G5 Pentax K10D Nikon D3300 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 55-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-P 18-55mm F3.5-5.6G VR +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow