Advice on long road trip...

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Fishchris
Fishchris Senior Member • Posts: 2,173
Advice on long road trip...

from Sacramento CA, to North Louisiana (near Shreveport, to visit parents). Leaving on Tuesday or Wednesday, and don't have a clue what rout I'm going to take.

The primary reason for this trip, is to visit with my parents, but I'd like to at least make a few shorts stops for photography, and of course would like to time some of those stops for the sunrise, or sunset. Won't have time for hiking.... So nice scenes which can be driven to / through, are what I want.

I just know that I want to see Zion National Park, Bryce Canyon, and (totally feels like the old sci-fi, close encounters of the third kind lol... but I'm am just totally drawn to Shiprock New Mexico... Now, all three of these spots are within a few hours of each other, but about 10-12 hours from Sac. I could easily get to the first of these spots in the first days drive.

I'd like to end up in Shreveport in 5 or 6 days.... Google says its a 1900 mile, 28 hour drive (straight shot of course), so this should allow for a handful of photography stops. What else should I try to see in a mostly East, but slightly Southern rout from Sac to North LA ?

What freeways are best ? Taking my little car for mileage....

Hoping for some T-storms, but dreading snow !

-- hide signature --

Photos are my paintings. The camera is my brush.
DPreview gallery; http://www.dpreview.com/galleries/5075216809

Fishchris's gear list:Fishchris's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF 16-35mm F2.8L II USM +2 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow