For those who shoot both can you compare mFT and Fuji X ?

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
AMSOS Regular Member • Posts: 324
For those who shoot both can you compare mFT and Fuji X ?

I am impressed with the Fuji primes, the entry level bodies (X-E3 in particular) and how well they compare with mFT. For my purposes (no zoom lenses, certainly no long zooms) and a focus on portability and price, I am trying to evaluate if I should be getting Fuji. I need this for travel, portraits, landscapes, architecture.

-For your shooting style how much do you miss the mFT IBIS?

-How useful do you find the roughly 1 stop high ISO improvement of the Fuji sensor?

-If I get Fuji it will only be with the primes, so I won't have any IBIS. Does the better high ISO balance out the advantages of the mFT IBIS?

-I am ambivalent towards the classic shooting style (aperture on lens, shutter on dial). e.g. you'll need to set the main shutter speed, then dial in small increments which seems to complicated to me. mFT with twin dials seems fast and intuitive to use. But what is your experience?

-How about the newer sensors rendering of landscapes? Last I heard Fuji wasn't doing a good job there.

Thanks!

AMSOS's gear list:AMSOS's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M10 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 EZ
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
M_G
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow