12-40 vs 12-100?

Started 9 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
choralsinger New Member • Posts: 2
12-40 vs 12-100?

I recently went to Zimbabwe with my 5-yr old OMD EM5. I got some amazing shots, but was frustrated enough with the autofocus that I have now purchased the OM-D EM-1 Mk II. I haven't had it long enough to do much with it yet. I am considering a lens upgrade since Olympus has a trade-in sale going on. My current lenses include

M.Zuiko 40-150mm ED f4-5.6 
M.Zuiko ED 60mm 2.8 macro 
M.Zuiko ED 75-300mm f4.8-6.7 
M.Zuiko ED 12-50mm F3.5-6.3

I am looking at the PRO 12-40 vs the 12-100. I would love to have the wider focal length range though I'm a bit concerned about the weight. And I realize the 12-40 captures more light. However, I wanted to get your opinions on photo quality and autofocus comparisons between the lenses. I called Olympus but the guy who answered wasn't much help. Given the lenses I have (not pro) I'm hoping to get something that will make a noticeable difference in my photos. Any advice you can give me will be appreciated!

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Olympus OM-D E-M5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow