Canon T6i Shutter fail/breakage

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
RaeRae New Member • Posts: 1
Canon T6i Shutter fail/breakage

Trying to find out if anyone else has had a Canon T6i, even the T3i, and had their shutter break after less than 1.5 yrs. I have had both cameras, both refurbished ones. The T3i I bought through Amazon and after less than 6 months the shutter quit working. After talking to customer service, including informing them of the camera I bought, they asked me to send it to them, at my expense. Well, they sent it back stating they no longer serviced that model. Really?, they couldnt tell me that when I told them what camera it was, would have saved me some money on shipping it! So I went through them and bought the T6i, refurbished. After a year and a half, shutter break AGAIN! Wrote them this time and they sent me a shipping label. Now the camera was out of warranty, 1 yr on refurbished, but seeing as how it was only a year and a half old and like new condition I just dont understand how it can fail with the use it gets from me. I am thinking this is a manufacturer issue with the shutter itself, since I have had two cameras that are basically the same, fail with the same issue. I am fighting Canon as to me having to pay the repair and so if there are any out there who have had shutter fail in a relatively new camera, please let me know. Thank youl

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS Rebel T6i (EOS 750D / Kiss X8i)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow