Legends of the Fall

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
will focus
will focus Contributing Member • Posts: 896
Legends of the Fall

Fall is many things. It is the end of summer and the start of autumn. It is the end of baseball and the beginning of football. It is back to school and crop harvest time. It is Thanksgiving dinner with family. Mostly, people associate fall with the changing colors of the season, which in parts of the country are abundant.

The past couple of days I shot a few images of fall in my corner of the country that I'll share with you. Feel free to share your own Legends of the Fall here too, whatever that image of fall means to you.

A walk along the peaceful banks of the Boardman Lake in Traverse City

A home on Old Mission Peninsula in Traverse City, Michigan. Grape vines occupy the foreground, while the hill behind sports a stand of cherry trees. The mowed rows between the trees display a terraced look.

The same vantage point, different angle, displays the continuing field of grape vines backdropped by the turning maple leaves of Autumn on Old Mission Peninsula. The land jutting out in the middle is part of Power Island, which sits in the middle of the west arm of Grand Traverse Bay. Finally, in the distance sits the east side of Michigan's Leelanau Peninsula, which forms the west border of Grand Traverse Bay.

Someday this small note will grow into a bigger player in the symphony of color that plays out around Michigan in the fall of each year.

The color palette is vast this time of year within even the smallest field of view.

Looking overhead, fall can also display a veritable fire in the sky.

A transition of lines and color.

will focus's gear list:will focus's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M10 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R Olympus M.Zuiko ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm 1:1.8 Olympus 40-150mm F2.8 Pro +3 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow