Over it and moving on

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
srock Regular Member • Posts: 434
Over it and moving on

I have decided to move on from Adobe- We are going in different directions. - I am an intermediate amateur photographer. I belong to a large camera club and compete at an intermediate level- I have used largely LR and short trips to PS and do use plug-ins.

I have decided to keep LR 6 for now but that seems to have a limited future. I have acquired Affinity for testing and learning and it seems to have a lot of promise- Dont care so much about a DAM, I have always used structured folders- but one is coming

Have not yet tried Capture One and am looking forward to seeing what Luminar will shortly produce for windows- a DAM is reportedly in the works as well.

Not moving because of cost -  but I really do believe Adobe has signaled its intent to move to the web in the not to distant future. I also don't want to be a prisoner of any subscription model. The loss of functionality if I stop subscribing is a non starter for me. But that's just me.

I would like some feedback from LR users who have tried or now use any or all of the above about ease of learning- workflow- compatibility with plug-ins etc- and which seems to offer a pleasant, easy to use, workflow experience- also how much is no-destructive, as I really would not like to use a destructive editor going forward.

Any and all comments appreciated as I try to find a new path without Adobe.

Steve

srock's gear list:srock's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Pentax K-3 Tamron SP AF 10-24mm F/3.5-4.5 Di II LD Aspherical (IF) Tamron AF 18-250mm F/3.5-6.3 Di II LD Aspherical (IF) Macro Tamron AF 28-300mm F/3.5-6.3 XR Di LD Aspherical (IF) Macro +11 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow