A mount vs E mount

Started Oct 20, 2017 | Discussions thread
hemp0matic Regular Member • Posts: 191
Re: A mount vs E mount

Mikespirito wrote:

I have been shooting the car professionally for the past 15 years. I Never thought I would buy a Sony brand of the camera. But the quality has been overwhelmingly amazing over the past few years I just couldn’t help myself. I bought the Sony a6500 For the video capabilities and for a great walk around camera. But what I’m curious about is the A mount versus the E mount. What is the difference? Can you use the A mount on a a6500? If you can should you? Sorry for the beginner question I am new to the Sony world

Yes, you can use an A mount lens with an adapter. You can use virtually ANY lenses with an adapter, but you will lose some of the functionality of the camera. Plenty of folks using older Nikon or Cannon lenses. I assume given that you've been shooting professionally for 15 years, you have some nice old lenses you'd still like to use. Here is a thread I was directed to only yesterday that may answer some of your questions.

https://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/3796790

hemp0matic's gear list:hemp0matic's gear list
Sony a6000 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 30mm F3.5 Macro Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow